Web service and mobile application presenting dishes from local restaurants and cafes
A service from an American startup that allows you to explore dishes at local restaurants and choose an eatery with a menu you like. It is developed as an adaptive website and a mobile client for iOS and Android.
There are two types of the users of this service: restaurants that attract customers by demonstrating the menu in a nice and convenient way. And ordinary people who choose an eatery based on the menu and food reviews are on the other hand. Various restaurants are presented on the service: from exotic Mexican restaurants to standard European ones.
What was the task
The main task of the MVP version of the website and mobile app was to display the actual restaurant menu with “tasty” photos.
The development was done according to Scrum methodology. The customer defined the app features that he wanted to see in the next version of the app. Our team evaluated the development and selected the tasks for the iteration (Sprint in Scrum methodology). The iteration lasted one week, at the end of which we had the completed functionality. After developing several iterations we got a version of the product, which we published in the App Store or Google Play Market.
We developed a single server solution: an API that was used to display information on the website and in the mobile app. This reduced development time and simplified further maintenance. The web-version of the site allows you to use the service without installing the app and duplicates the app functionality.
- Viewing restaurants, their dishes and user reviews
- Ability to order, call the restaurant, or even order an Uber within the app
- Search for particular dishes and adding to favorites
- High-quality professional food photos
- Filtering of products according to dietary needs: gluten-free, vegan, fat-free, etc.
- Sharing menus with friends via text message, email, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Authorization via Facebook API for commenting on food and restaurants
Headings and text
Maximum ease of navigation and a simple customer journey