Head of the project office
What Will You Be Working On?
- Build, maintain and optimize processes in the project managers’ team;
- Responsible for the profitability, timing, and quality of projects;
- Establish KPIs for project managers and use them to track work progress;
- Solve problems quickly and help project managers if necessary;
- Keep employees motivated and inspire them to achieve results;
- Observe project managers competencies and engage in mentoring them;
- At first, managing projects to get into the processes.
What Does the Ideal Candidate Look Like?
- 3+ Years of project management experience with a mobile apps’ development team;
- 1+ Year of experience as a Head of the Project Management Office;
- You are excellent in remote distributed work;
- You have at least 5 completed successful projects in your portfolio (ideally outsource projects);
- You managed software production projects, preferably in mobile development. Web and other software development are acceptable;
- System knowledge in building processes is necessary. You have your own methodology, can define and implement processes and check their quality;
- If you can show examples of process descriptions from previous jobs it will be great;
- Knowledge of the project calculations: profitability, contribution margin, direct costs, indirect costs, operating earnings;
- You are excellent in communications with decision-makers and top managers on the client-side, business owners. You have an understanding of communication features and negotiation experience. You know how to communicate competently with large clients, with ‘problem’ ones, with ‘budget’ ones, etc.
- Training other employees, transferring skills and knowledge to them.
- Managing сlassic team: project manager, business analyst, Android developer, iOS developer, QA engineer.
- Managing on-time and on-budget delivery of mobile projects, risk assessment, and competent resource planning.
- Leading Project Managers teams, developing processes and standards, team motivation.
- Systems thinking.
- You like to have things all figured out.
- Your team clearly understands what, when, and how to do, because everything is described and wrapped into the processes.
- Ability to see the big picture and causality.
- You can build a system in which it is impossible to make a mistake.
- Keep everything under control and can’t let things run themselves.
- Renew Terms of reference according to the all-projects improvements. Renegotiate terms and budgets with a client right off.
- Solve problems in a team immediately. The process is corrected for every problem so that it never comes up again.
- Strong desire to get things right and love the quality results of your work.
- Charisma, empathy, love for people, and customer-centered approach. Clients love to communicate with you and feel calm even if something goes wrong on the project.
- And your team sees you as a true leader to rely on.
- You can sell the concept to any man alive, for example, additional features to a client or new improvements to the team.
- You have the ability to present everything in the best possible way, without distorting the facts.
- We are for honesty.
- Business thinking. You understand how business works and how to communicate with clients. You may even have had your own business in the past.
Salary by agreement
Required Work Experience 1-3 years of professional experience is required
Schedule This is a remote position with flexible work hours. Time to be connected from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Moscow time. Opportunity to work in the office in Novosibirsk(Academpark). Joint wintering in hot countries for those who wish.