Mobile app that improves quality and speed of order picking in the SPAR ONLINE store
In 2020, our client launched an online store that allows customers to order products from the SPAR chain and its partners remotely. Initially, the project existed in the format of a website and its mobile version – a frame within the loyalty program app. Now it is being developed on the basis of the mobile application, it is becoming native and enriched with useful services.
The value of orders in the online store was growing, and the quality of the order pickers’ work was becoming more and more important. The client decided to create an app that would simplify the work of order pickers and automate order preparation as much as possible. Our team developed such a solution.
Initially customer orders were sent to the inventory system, printed in stores, and order pickers collected products from paper lists. A lot of time was spent printing forms, assembling items, checking and running orders through the system. Thanks to the new application, the assembly speed has increased sharply and its accuracy has increased by 40%.
11/2019 – now
Assembly accuracy increased
What was the task
The client assigned us to develop an application that would load order data from the backend of an online store and help employees at all stages of assembly, like a checklist. We created a cross-platform application based on Flutter framework with user-friendly tools and a simple UI. This solution can be used by owners of any iOS and Android smartphones.
We chose Dart as the programming language. The new application does not require any special infrastructure. It was integrated with the company’s CMS. When an employee is hired, he is added to the white list of users. To log in, he is authorized using his phone number and a code from a text message.
- Integration of the app with the online store and CMS
- Display information about products and the list of purchases with customer comments
- Picking all the products added to the cart (allows you to control the assembly accuracy)
- Checking the number of products in the basket and the assembly accuracy
- Comparison of the initial and final list of goods (by their availability)
- Scanning barcodes of goods, including labeled ones
- Coordination and replacement of goods, if necessary
- Control of order packaging and order payment
- Sending data to the backend and fixing the sending of goods
- Sending a check from the virtual cash register to the buyer
The design of the application reflects the stylistics of the SPAR online store’s mobile version. When developing the interface elements, we used native elements of the Flutter framework.
Headings and text
The simplicity of the app’s interface makes it easy for employees to get immersed in their work. An account with phone number authentication is enough to start performing tasks.